Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: 3 Set Upper Body Strength Workout + Burnout Round

I hope that you’re in the mood for some strength training and some nice and toasty upper body muscles:

3 Set Upper Body Strength Workout with Burnout Round: Mid Rep Rotations, Low Reps and Negatives

This upper body workout uses 3 rounds of strength exercises - the first two are focused on combination moves that use a mid-rep rotation in order to engage the muscles on two slightly different planes of movement. The third round uses just 6 repetitions - an opportunity to increase the weight being lifted. We’ll top it all off with a burnout round that uses negatives to get just a bit more out of the muscles being worked. Both warm up and cool down are included.

A mid rep rotation is great for building strength in two different planes of movement within the same muscle group - this also pulls in different assist and stabilization support muscles. Be aware that you may need to lift lighter for some exercises, as this is a different challenge - one that’s also great for building a stronger mind-body connection.

Survey time: What’s your favorite muscle group to strength train? How many times a week do you train with weights? Do you usually prefer your strength training workouts to be purely strength, or do you like to blend your lifting with a little bit of HIIT, cardio, Pilates, yoga, etc? However you *usually* prefer it, I also recommend that you sometimes mix it up! It can be really surprising and interesting how easily you can change the dynamic of an exercise or particular training style, just by mixing, matching, and blending training styles. It can help keep your brain in the game, too, which is an important and often overlooked part of accessing any training program; it doesn’t matter how effective something is, if you can’t bring yourself to be motivated or interested enough to do it! The joy factor, or at least, the sustainability factor, if you will, is an important one when it comes to adherence.

I’ll likely end up using your answers to the above questions to help me brainstorm a new strength workout, so thank you for any feedback you might have.  I hope you enjoy this new routine, thank you for working out with me!

Kelli