Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Bodyweight Balance Workout to Improve Proprioception & Coordination

Good morning FB Family!

I’ve got a new workout this morning, this is a fun one that you can do as a standalone routine or add onto the end or beginning of any workout, pretty much as often as you would like:

Bodyweight Balance Workout to Improve Proprioception and Coordination

This balance workout uses multi planar exercises to challenge your bodily control in a wide variety of movements and improve proprioception. Wondering what proprioception is? It’s really fascinating, and makes clear how much more a workout really stands for, beyond various appearance related “improvements”. Learn more about what it is, and how to improve it, in this Plus article by Kayla:  11 Activities That Will Improve Your Proprioception in 30 Days

Related: Hundreds of free Expert articles by Doctors of Physical Therapy, Registered Dietitians, Mental Health Experts, Personal Trainers and more.

Each of the moves in this routine turns into a bit of a leg and core workout - pay attention as you move through the exercises and notice all of the muscles constantly making tiny corrections to keep you upright. For this reason, I recommend doing this workout barefoot. This way you’ll feel even the small muscles of your feet and toes engaging.

I recommend taking notes about how you feel during this workout - remember that with FB Plus you can take notes on each individual workout! A few quick notes about your experience as you make your way through can help you make comparisons between sessions and use any improvements you might spot, as motivation to keep practicing. 

One more piece of advice, should you decide to tackle this workout: balance work can be really fun, but also sometimes feel a little bit frustrating, or humbling. Try to practice patience with yourself, keep your thoughts at least neutral - no bad mouthing yourself - we’re all going to wobble and feel off balance during this workout, that’s the point of it! Be proud of what you’re capable of today, and know that these things improve with time and practice. 

I hope that you enjoy this new workout.

Kelli