Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Lower Body Strength Tri-Sets with Plank Intermissions

Hello Everyone!

Today’s workout release is one for your lower body and core: Lower Body Strength Tri-Sets with Plank Intermissions

Tri-sets are one of my favorite ways to structure a strength workout! It may sound intriguing but, if I’m being honest, it’s really just a fancy term for a circuit of 3 exercises completed for 3 rounds. Each tri-set includes an exercise that works a different muscle group in your lower body so you can be sure you’re hitting everything in a balanced way. 

As an added surprise we have 1 minute plank intermissions between each tri-set! Rarely do we get to work on planks outside of a core-focused workout. By putting them in as an intermission, we’re doing planks when our core is fresh… while giving our legs a little break. Win-Win!

Since our sets are on the shorter side (30 seconds each), I encourage you to pull out your medium-heavy weights for this one. You’ll likely get between 8-12 reps per set, depending on the exercise.

This will be my first workout release I've filmed while pregnant with baby 2 (I'm currently 20 weeks)! I filmed several other workouts before pregnancy that have yet to be released so, you may see a mix of pregnancy/non-pregnancy workouts from me in the coming weeks and months.

Additionally, I’ve been cooking up some new content ideas and trying to film anything more challenging while I am still in my second trimester! Place any requests (for now or later) in the comments!

Enjoy your workout today!
Nicole