Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Postpartum Core and Pelvic Floor Recovery Series - Level 1

Hey Hey Fitness Blender Family,

Yes, you get to see me on the screen twice today!

Better yet is that today kicks off the start of a new video series. This type of work has been instrumental in my recovery after childbirth and returning to exercise without injury, so I’m shouting this from the rooftops to the new moms in this community: Postpartum Core and Pelvic Floor Recovery Series - Level 1

This is the first in a 3 part series to gently heal and re-strengthen the core and pelvic floor after pregnancy and birth. After several months of stress and burden on these areas of your body, they’re in need of some love! This routine is gentle enough for early postpartum and also applicable if you’re further postpartum and have started back into an exercise routine.

In the video, we focus on breathing techniques and simple movements to activate the deepest layer of your core as well as the pelvic floor to get your core functioning as a unit again. We also end with some nice, relaxing stretches to ground yourself and release stress in those tight postpartum muscles.

I’ll admit, though very important, this work can feel slow and boring. You may not feel like you’re doing much. You may not "feel the burn." I can assure you, this is normal. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to help rebuild your core and set the foundation for strength and future exercise success!

Finally, if you’re in the early postpartum phase or trying to get back into exercise again, I know it can be discouraging to feel like you’re starting from the beginning again. With time, patience, and self compassion, you will get back to doing all the things (and workouts) you love again.

For more on postpartum exercise, check out this great article from Kayla - 5 Things You Should/Shouldn't Do When Exercising After Birth

Thanks for moving with me,

Nicole