Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Core Correction For Postpartum, Back Pain, and Rib Flare

Good morning, Blenders!

(Anytime I use that greeting, I instantly hear “Good morning, angels!” from Charlie’s Angels in my head, hehe)

Getting back into a workout routine can be tricky, right? Especially if you’re recovering from certain conditions like pregnancy, back pain, COVID-19… and the list goes on. Do you fall into one of these categories? Today’s workout is for you:

Core Correction For Postpartum, Back Pain, and Rib Flare

What you’re able to do and what you want to do may be two separate things as you recover from childbirth, back pain, or rib flare. It’s understandable if you’re bored with the traditional moves, like dead bug or bridges, so let’s remedy that!

In this workout, you'll find out how to use a chair, couch, or workout bench to manipulate the force of gravity against your inner core muscles. You can play around with the height to increase or decrease the challenge to yourself, especially as your core strength improves.  For my workout, I used my desk chair and found it to be the perfect height. 

I’ll admit that I struggled with some of these moves as I’m working through post-pregnancy rib flare/scapular weakness. However, it also highlighted some areas of much-needed improvement, so I’m excited to put in the work alongside you. As you progress through this workout, tune into the positioning of your rib cage, pelvic floor, and hip bones. While this workout may not be highly rated on the Difficulty scale, it can be just as challenging to engage your mind as you adjust your body's alignment. 

Happy “correcting”! 

- Kayla