Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Not-So-Boring Balance: Quick Kettlebell Workout to Improve Functional Balance

Good morning!

Have you ever lost your footing during single-leg exercises, like a deadlift or pistol squat? If a lack of strength isn’t the problem, then your balance may need some attention. Today’s workout achieves that in just 10-minutes: 

Not-So-Boring Balance: Quick Kettlebell Workout to Improve Functional Balance

Kettlebells (KB) are one of my favorite pieces of equipment to challenge the balance systems in the body. The weight in the bell is unequally distributed; therefore, you can hold it in various positions to intensify or decrease your workload. For example, position the KB close to your chest for added weight, or hold the handle with an outstretched arm for a greater challenge. 

We love a scalable routine, and this one is no different. Skip the KB, use a water bottle for less weight, or modify your position to meet your body’s needs. The workout structure moves from easy to hard, and you’ll see me take a modification or two as well. This routine certainly highlighted some personal areas in need of improvement, and I’ll be curious to hear about your experiences, too. 

Recently, Daniel called out for workout suggestions and what you'd like to see from us in future videos. Your comments are greatly appreciated as we work through the brainstorming process together so, if you have some time, please to head over to the Community Post and share your ideas. 

Hope to see you on screen!

- Kayla