Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Shoulder and Tricep Yoga Burnout

I had some requests for upper-body, and since yoga postures tend to focus heavily on building strength in the legs and core, I thought this would be a fun challenge! In this tricep and shoulder burnout, we will explore yogic-based postures with the intention of building strength in our triceps and shoulders, as well as increasing shoulder mobility. 

Shoulder and Tricep Yoga Burnout

Since this practice is quick, we don’t take any breaks; feel free to pause the video at any point if your triceps and/or shoulders are really feeling the burn and you’d like a water break. The exercises alternate between triceps and shoulders (for the most part) so hopefully we won’t burn out those muscles too quickly! 

Please note, there are not any (at least to the best of my current knowledge) yoga- based movements that work the biceps. With that being said, I highly recommend cross-training (either right after this video or perhaps on another day) so that your arms are being fully worked. Some people like working biceps and triceps on the same day, and others prefer to work those muscles in separate training sessions. Explore both options to see which feels best in your body! 

I hope you enjoy this practice as much as I had fun creating it! If you feel like your triceps and shoulders need even more, feel free to explore down-dog to dolphin lifts + lowers and let me know how that challenge works out for you!

Marina