Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Weighted Upper Body Tabata Circuits for Endurance

Hey FB community,

Today I’m sharing a new upper body workout that features a powerhouse combination: strength training and HIIT!

Weighted Upper Body Tabata Circuits for Endurance

Strength training and HIIT have so many overlapping benefits such as muscle gain, fat loss, boosting metabolism, and managing blood sugar. After so many of you loved this duo in my Weighted Total Body Tabata With Core Finisher I was inspired to create the upper body rendition (lower body to come).

We take dumbbell upper body strength exercises and insert them into a tabata format for an all around endurance challenge and metabolism booster. There are 4 circuits each with a different focus: back & biceps, chest & triceps, shoulders, and bodyweight. Each circuit has 4 exercises that we complete for 3 rounds of 20 seconds work/10 seconds rest.

In standard HIIT fashion, it’s a faster-paced workout. That being said I really want you to be mindful and intentional about form and control, versus racing against the clock.

I’m not going to lie, my upper body was toast at the end of this. I even chose lighter weights due to the short rest breaks! I loved the bodyweight circuit to give my arms one last test. If your arms have had enough by this point, feel free to omit.

Who’s ready to give this a go?

I can’t wait to hear about it.

Nicole