Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

"What's the goal?"

Yesterday I watched a video review on youtube from a certified functional strength coach about FB (it was recommended, I didn't know her or her work).

She loved them (of course, who doesn't?!)! She gave them really good reviews and talked about how complete they workouts are when it comes to exercise variety, muscles worked, warm up/cool down and all that, how most of the videos are free and even the ones we pay are very affordable.

BUT, she did say something like "well, they call their programs "programs" but they are just random videos put together, there isn't a goal you're working too, there isn't a structured working goal". At first I was like "I think that's actually kinda true 🤔".

This has been on my mind ever since!! And I have to disagree with her. Yes, FB doesn't sell us a program that says "In 30 days you'll have bigger biceps" or "with this program you will do the splits in 45 days". And I LOVE that about FB!!

FB programs have actually a major transparent goal: overall fitness and health. I've been with FB since 2013 and I:

- lost fat and gained muscle

- can do more push ups

- lift heavier

- have better lung capacity

- have better flexibility

(...)

I could go on.

What do you think? Maybe this is just a silly case of a different meaning of what a "program" is, depending on the coach and their method.

The fitness industry is getting so competitive that people really scrutinize every little thing available... uff

All I have to say is: THANK YOU Fitness Blender for the "programs with random videos". It's a pleasure to nurture my FULL body so randomly!🥳

P.S I leave a quote that says everything about what I feel about "achieving goals"