Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: No-Impact Descending Ladder for Glutes (Advanced Pelvic Stability) with Extended Cool Down

Hi, everyone!

Today’s workout uses the beloved descending ladder format to strengthen key glute and hip muscles. Check it out here:

No-Impact Descending Ladder for Glutes (Advanced Pelvic Stability) with Extended Cool Down

Recall that a descending ladder format begins with high reps/time intervals that gradually decrease with each passing round. By the end of the workout, your glutes and hip stabilizers will probably need some TLC, which is why we paired this with an extended Cool Down (skip to Minute 28 if you’re only looking to do the Cool Down).

Workouts that emphasize hip stability can be equally as taxing as strength training for the simple fact that they require neuromuscular or motor control. I discuss this concept on camera, and you can also test your neuromuscular control with these Advanced Hip Mobility Exercises.

Stabilizing muscles often go unnoticed until something else fails. An example of this would be dynamic knee valgus or plantar fasciitis. We encourage you to proactively take a stand against weak hip and glute muscles by incorporating this workout into your fitness routine as it can greatly enhance your form on major lifts like squats, deadlifts, or even Tasha’s infamous bear crawls. Give it a try and let us know how you did!

Since we’re sharing how we did — be sure to check out my blooper reel at the end of the workout. I haven’t done one in a while, but the struggle was so real during filming that I just had to laugh at myself. Enjoy!

• Kayla