Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Lower, Upper, Total Body Workout: Combo + Isolation Strength

Good morning!

I've got a new workout for you:

Lower Body, Upper Body, Total Body Workout: Combo and Isolation Strength Sets [16 Minutes]

Here's the breakdown of this workout:
- 6 Minutes Lower Body Strength
- 5 Minutes Upper Body Strength
- 5 Minutes Total Body Strength

I really loved the format of this workout because in a very short timeframe, it gives opportunities to lift for both upper and lower body muscles in isolation, and also in combination. You can add a warm up and cool down if you want to use this as a full workout, or it could make an excellent burnout round after your main workout. By the way, be sure and check out Nicole's new Kettlebell Lower Body HIIT for Strength and Power [Free, 38 Minutes]

I'm excited to hear what you all think of the format - if you like it too, I think it would be a fun one to recreate with other themes and exercises.

I designed this workout specifically for the new Plus program that's launching in March (using ALL exclusive workout videos!). You'll find it as an Extra Credit Challenge in that new program. I can't wait for that to launch and to start it myself!

I'm officially nearing the season of the reason why I workout lol. I'm watching the weather slowly get warmer and I'm getting ready to start some of my fruit & vegetables indoors, in little pods of dirt. I'm beyond excited and can't wait to start feeding my little family with food I've grown myself. This does mean a lot of physical work, which means that all of my workouts are that much more important not to miss; everything from careful, intentional lifting sessions that mimic what I'll replicate out in "the wild" (i.e. highly variable real world situations), to stretching and foam rolling after working in the garden. If I don't proactively take good care of myself, I could end up being sidelined, and I know that I don't want that. It's exciting to me to think that a couple of years ago, I couldn't walk across a grass yard unless it was completely flat. I couldn't bend forward at the waist to touch my toes or pick something up off the floor. Now I'm preparing for a season of gardening which will involve plenty of lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, pulling, etc.

What's your current reason for working out? Or, do you have some ongoing go-to reasons that keeps you moving? Feel free to share!

I hope that you have a good day!

Kelli