Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Strong COMPLETE!

Good morning FB Family!

My community post title says it all, but I'm going to say it again because it feels good: this weekend, I finished the new FB Strong Program!

Here's the real kicker - for the first time ever in FB history (~12 years), I finished a 4 week program in 4 weeks. I'm so excited about this, because it's what I had set out to do. I felt ready to move from my previous 1-3 structured workouts a week, to 3-5 a week. I wanted to lessen my heal time in between workouts (less DOMS please), and gain strength. I feel like my approach has worked because I'm feeling stronger in the way that I move, and I'm needing less recovery time between strength workouts (though wow are my legs still feeling that last lower body workout with Daniel lol).

Please don't let my pace through the program make you feel pressured or like you should be going at a different pace than what is working for you. We're all unique and even our individual needs are going to vary and change over time. Just to reiterate; this is literally the first time that I have ever finished one of our workout programs in the length of the actual program (it usually takes me 6-7 weeks to do a 4 week program). The reschedule button is your friend; think of it as an assist to support grey area thinking: "I feel like rest would be better than exercise for my body today, so I will do that workout tomorrow" instead of more black and white thinking: "I missed a workout, I've messed up, and I'm never going to be able to stick to a plan or finish this." Self support and compassion will serve your body and brain better than negative talk.

Something else really exciting happened in that last week of workouts that I have to share. I matched the weight that I used to lift for deadlifts, before chronic pain became a part of my life over 4 years ago. I worked to get back there for 4.5 years. That’s 1642 days. Sometimes, pursuing worthwhile goals can come along excruciatingly slowly. And that’s okay. That’s where it becomes important to go slow, be patient with yourself, and try to do just a little bit every day (or most days) to get you closer to your goal.

I’m so liking this new cadence and consistency that I want to keep it up. I have plans to follow along with the new 4 Week Plus Program (all Plus vids) launching in March, so I'm thinking of tackling at least a 2 week challenge in February. I had just finished Full Fusion before starting FB Strong - any suggestions on what I should do next, or are any of you starting into a new challenge that I can hop on with?

Are you ready for this new week? What's your workout lineup looking like this week? Are you ready for the new Plus Challenge launching tomorrow? The theme is 2 Week FB Mobility, this one is made of all FB Plus workouts and is led by Doctors of Physical Therapy, Kayla and Amanda. It has a focus on mobility, alignment, posture, corrective strength, and stretching moves. Should be a lot of fun!

Thank you for cheering me on as I made my way through the program, it really did help to know that I had a community of people following along doing the same thing. Even long distance workout buddies are so beneficial 🤗 Feel free to pop in and share your progress and any wins you might be having along the way!

Kelli

Edited