Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout: Pre and Postnatal Glutes, Core, and Pelvic Floor

Good Morning Everyone!

Today I’m excited to share my first FREE workout with the Fitness Blender community! This workout targets the muscles of the glutes, core, and pelvic floor:

Pre and Postnatal Glute, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout

[While this workout and content is tailored to pregnancy and postpartum, we encourage anyone looking for improvements in these areas to try it]

I was really excited to follow up my initial Prenatal Core and Pelvic Floor video with something designed for both pregnancy and postpartum, and slightly more challenging (per request). Every exercise is safe for all trimesters of pregnancy as well as those who are postpartum and cleared to exercise by their doctor.

The glutes, core, and pelvic floor deserve their own workout for a number of reasons. For one, they can be extremely tricky to target safely during pregnancy. Secondly, they are often left very weak postpartum. Finally, they are foundational muscle groups for stability, function, and support during a time of major physical and physiological changes. We dive deeper into the impacts of these changes in the write-up!

What really makes this workout effective is the breath work. As you tune into the warm-up and activation series I encourage you to focus on the cues I give for breathing, core, and pelvic floor mechanics. They will be useful not only in this workout, but all other workouts you do!

As someone who is almost 2 years post C-section, I can say these exercises still (and will probably always) take an active role in my routine. Post-baby core weakness is one thing I was not prepared for. But doing these exercises during pregnancy helped prepare me for a speedier recovery, and gain my strength back postpartum. I'm so thankful for that! I think no matter what stage of the journey you're in, you'll enjoy and be humbled by this routine.

I would love for you to comment and let me know how this workout goes! If you’re pregnant or postpartum, feel free to share where you’re at on your journey in the comments.

Can't wait to hear from you. Enjoy!

Nicole