Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Ballet-Inspired Total Body Sculpting with Resistance Bands

Hello Blender Barre Family!

We heard your enthusiastic requests and are excited to present a new, 43-minute Barre-inspired routine: Ballet-Inspired Total Body Sculpting with Resistance Bands.

Keep your heart rate going with 4 circuits and one lower body burnout at the barre. Grab your resistance bands at an exercise mat for Circuit 3 where we take it down to the mat and tone key muscles that every ballerina should have.

This routine might become your next go-to if you have weak hip flexors, glutes, and calves but need minimal-to-no impact. Need to work on your functional core strength - aka core retraining while other body parts are moving? *Adds to Favorites*.

Although this workout is not formatted in the beloved Bored Easily style, it flies by pretty quickly despite repeated moves. In fact, I included so many exercises that I took twice as long as usual to film - but that’s a story for another Community Post :-).

Also, be sure to check out minute 8:40 when I explain some key ballet terms. In case you are unfamiliar with ballet positions (for those who are, fast forward to 10:08), I demonstrate different lower body poses that you’ll need for various moves. If any are uncomfortable to you, then don’t hesitate to take a comfortable stance that works for your body type.

I left out the Ballerina Burpees, but I can’t make any promises for future videos. What type of workout style (Bored Easily, AMRAP, Pyramid, Core, etc.,) should we adapt next time?

Can’t wait to hear what torturous, I mean totally awesome, ideas you have for me!

Kayla