Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Prenatal Low-Impact Cardio HIIT Workout with Leg & Glute Focus

Good Morning Fitness Blender!

Today, I’m excited to introduce our newest prenatal workout: Prenatal Low-Impact Cardio HIIT Workout with Leg & Glute focus.

Please note, that while this workout and content is tailored to a pregnant individual, it is suitable for all populations looking for a low-impact cardio workout.

Interval training in pregnancy has some surprising benefits aside from fitness improvement. Believe it or not, a HIIT workout is highly representative of what you’ll experience in labor. The high intensity interval mimics labor contractions, while the rest interval mimics the time between contractions. It's been said that labor is "nature's form of HIIT." How cool is it that?

Doing this type of workout in your pregnancy can help you prepare physically AND mentally so you can go into delivery feeling strong and confident. This is one of the main reasons I love specializing in pre/postnatal fitness. I think every pregnant person deserves to feel strong and capable in their body throughout the entire motherhood journey. Tailoring your workouts to the demands of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum can be a really powerful tool in achieving this.

I rate this workout a level 3/5 but it can easily be made a 2 or 4 with some simple tweaks. You won’t want to miss the write-up information included with this workout. I’ve included important notes about finding the right intensity, as well as exercise modifications that will be valuable in this (and all other) workouts you do!

As always, be sure to keep an open dialogue with your medical provider so you can be aware of any limitations or recommendations specific to your pregnancy.

As we work to build out more prenatal content I’d love to know, what types of workouts would you like to see? What questions do you have around exercising in pregnancy?

Can’t wait to hear from you!

Nicole

Edited