Starting my FB Journey

Hello, everyone. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful community! I first discovered FB in 2014 and did some of the workouts sporadically off and on throughout the years. Then last year, I had a scare where I thought I would be diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes for a second time, so I bought one of the 4 week meal plans to help me with my variation and planning. The plan taught me a lot about eating healthy and I still incorporate some of those foods into my diet now, even if I'm not currently following it in the strictest sense.

I started back with working out a couple days before the new year hit after recovery from a C-section in July. Aside from this morning when I did my first active recovery, I've been alternating between these two low impact beginner cardio workouts. https://youtu.be/8A6Uai5sQVw https://youtu.be/gvLAtoKVvAM

I already know I want to go farther with Fitness Blender, as I am so happy with the results in just a week and a half. I can now do the whole video without stopping outside of rest periods and it's not too strenuous for me, but sometimes I still have to go easy and not go "as deep" into the position. I can see an improvement on knee push-ups, knee planks, and squats, but my form on those three still need lots of work. (My chest is a double D since I've been breastfeeding two kids for almost the past two years, so that's my biggest struggle 😅).

I see that there are two Low Impact programs that I've had my eye on to do until I can work my way up to something more challenging. But those two don't appear to be included with FBPlus, which is something I also want to try in the future. Can anyone tell me if there is a good equivalent in difficulty for an FBPlus program? Or maybe I should just buy those outright first and acclimate myself to more of the free content first which comes out at a slower rate so I'm not overwhelmed. 🤔 I also like the idea of being able to keep the programs I purchase so that I would still have something to work on if money got tight.

Another question, I know I would need dumbbells for those programs, so I am looking into buying those this month as well. I'm just wondering what weight I should go for first. I've been doing some reading and basically I found you really need two sets, a lighter one for arm exercises and a heavier one for other exercises. But I am more comfortable going with a smaller financial investment until I am more sure of my ability to commit long-term. Buying more than one set would be something like a reward for sticking with it. So I was first thinking of going with a set of 5 lbs since I didn't want things to be too easy, but then I read another thread in here and saw that it might be better to go even lighter than that to focus on form first. It's kind of like going through the motions before adding any significant amounts of weight, is that correct?

Well, thanks for listening to my rambling lol and if anyone has any advice that might help with what I ultimately decide to do, I would really appreciate it! I suppose it's important to add that when I do reach my goal weight, my main focus would probably be strength and/or weight training. I think I would prefer to have that bulkier body type aesthetically and I don't really enjoy doing any running or other activity that requires agility or flexibility training aside from light yoga and stretching.

I hope you all have a great day!