Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

building a base in 2022

I just finished Kayla's ballett inspired barre workout and marked my first day of my newly created routine "building a base 2022" complete.

I was supposed to finish the second week of low impact 1 today but decided to put this on hold and create a new routine. It includes only videos that were published in the last months and focuses on toning and mobility (so no HIIT 😇). I was really excited about all the new content but didn't schedule any of it as I was in the middle of other programs and wanted to follow them. At the same time I was being inconsistent for months now. I hardly ever met my goal of working out at least 3 times a week. I also noticed a few winter and holidays kilos extra and lately felt like my endurance and general fitness level is decreasing. So this routine feels like a needed change of pace and fresh water for my somewhat drained out fitness regime. I am very excited to do all these new workouts and get to know the newer trainers (never worked out with Amanda and Nicole so far and only once with Kayla).

I first thought I'll create a two week routine. But then I realized there are actually so many new workouts I havn't done yet and meet my criteria for rebuilding my base that I could fill four weeks.

How did you start your 2022 fitness journey or how do you plan to start it? Would love to hear where you at right now.

Edited