Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Nothing But (Dynamic) Balance Routine

Hi FB Family!

I'm excited to introduce my newest balance routine! I made this specifically with you in mind. It is longer and has varying levels of difficulty so that anyone can find their level of challenge. 

Nothing But (Dynamic) Balance Routine

Your comments on my first Nothing But Balance routine got me thinking more and more about balance. Specifically, how we use the term when talking about exercise, aging, injury recovery or prevention, and so on. We talk about having "good" or "bad" balance when attempting to stand on one leg and close our eyes. We also talk about muscle imbalances and ways to correct them with specific exercises. 

On the topic of muscle imbalances, when I have a hard time maintaining my balance in single-leg stance positions, it feels like my stabilizing muscles in my lower body aren't kicking in. It's as if all I need to stay upright and not stumble over is to get my glutes, quad, and the small muscles in my foot and ankle to turn on. Does anyone else feel like that?

If you do, I have a challenge for you! Taking the time to recruit and prime the stabilizing musculature in your lower body may be the fuel your body needs to perform challenging balance exercises. Try Kayla's Stabilizing Workout for Deep Hip Muscles or her Foot/Ankle Series (Part 2): Foot and Ankle Strengthening before Nothing But Balance, part one or two. 

Now, on the other hand, you could use Nothing but Balance to recruit and prime your lower body before going for a run, doing some HIIT, or before a lower body strength training session. Waking up the stabilizing musculature before higher levels of exercise could help your body work more efficiently and possibly even help prevent injuries.

What do you think?

I hope you enjoyed this new balance routine. Thanks for working out with me!

- Amanda