Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Stand-Alone or Finisher AMRAP Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

As you know, I’m always reading your suggestions and recommendations for future workouts. There have been several requests for more AMRAP style workouts, so here you go! Another AMRAP workout for you:

Stand-Alone or Finisher AMRAP Circuits

AMRAP stands for “as many rounds as possible.” In this workout, your goal is to safely complete at least three or four full rounds of each AMRAP circuit while maintaining solid form throughout the seven-minute working interval. There are three exercises in each AMRAP, 5 reps each.

There are many benefits to AMRAP style workouts, one of which is efficiency. The relatively short intervals of work and concept of challenging yourself to (safely) meet or surpass a goal encourage fuel-burning efficiency and adaptability to supplying energy needs throughout a physically taxing workout. These self-competitive workouts also challenge you to mentally push yourself outside of your comfort zone while receiving feedback from your performance.

The write-up contains a few tips about which workouts to consider if you use this workout as a finisher, of which there are many options. I think Kelli’s Bored Easily Bodyweight Cardio Workout with High and Low Impact Modifications is a great option if you’re looking for a moderate intensity cardio routine. But also know that you can complete this workout as a stand-alone routine and still get a fantastic workout!

If you enjoy the ARMAP structure, be sure to check out the following workouts as well:

If you do decide to tackle more than one AMRAP workout this week, make sure to space them out with at least one day’s rest in between efforts. For additional benefits of this kind of workout programming, check out my collaboration with Kayla, What is an AMRAP Workout? AMRAP Workout Benefits and Impact on Metabolism?

I finally get to return to filming this week after pulling a few muscles in my upper back from…improperly lifting a duffle bag. Well, I name the lift and the duffle bag as the main culprits of the injury but to be honest, my improper rehabbing of the injury over eight years ago is the actual issue. I’ve got the rest and relaxation portion of recovery down, but I’m still working on the mending and strengthening process! This latest flare up of this repeat injury was a great reminder that recovery doesn’t end once the pain goes away – there are few movement patterns I need to consciously address and focus on to prevent further injury. Nonetheless, I’m so excited to be moving again!

I hope you have fun with this workout and witness Jonathan’s minimal efforts to complete three rounds of each AMRAP.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha