Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Unconventional Neck Stretches Including Myofascial Release

Hello everyone!

Let’s be honest with one another - this time of year can be stressful on all of us. Whether it’s work or holiday-related, stress can easily sneak up on you and wreak havoc on your body. That’s why you should be sure to schedule some “me” time during the last month of 2021, starting with this workout.

Unconventional Neck Stretches Including Myofascial Release

I designed this workout to complement previous releases on health and wellness, including:

...just to name a few of my favorites. It also pairs well with a collaboration that I did with Kelli, which you can find here

Lately, you may be wondering why I have been emphasizing myofascial release in most of my workouts. The answer may surprise you - myofascial tension is such an underappreciated phenomenon, with connections to chronic pain and gut health. Myofascial pain has also been implicated in conditions like plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, low back problems, pelvic pain, and much more.

However, experts are finding more and more benefits to self-myofascial release, including this latest research on myofascial release, stretching, and strengthening to combat low back pain. Simply put, alleviating low back ailments that result from sedentary behavior may be as simple as following a workout regime that includes myofascial release, specifically with our trusty-tennis ball. 

We won’t inundate you with more research, but the facts are becoming harder to ignore. Workouts that feature myofascial release should hold a consistent spot in your weekly lineup. I am excited to see what you think of this latest release, especially since it features such a tender body area in nearly all of us. Looking forward to reading about your experiences!

- Kayla