Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Low Impact 2 first week finished

Hello everyone!

I decided to try a program that is low impact, has UB strength training and a lot of pilates. Yes, its the famous Low Impact round 2. As my sciatica pain slowly subsides, I wanted to get in some gentle exercise, so Im focused on pilates for lower body and its going great so far. I need to sub some of the exercises which I cant do yet (back bows, swimmers, bridges only a limited range of motion). I cant do any rigorous cardio as it irritates my pain, max a walking workout or actual walking. On the other hand, I can do UB strength exercises but cant push my limits, as my posture isnt quite perfect yet, so Im aiming to maintain my strength at least. I incorporated sciatica alleviating exercises to my everyday routine and I find them extremely helpful with immediate pain alleviation and loosening my lower back.

So far I love how much pilates this program contains and Im happy with this choice. Im giving myself this month to finish LI 2, which means only low impact exercises until I feel 100% again.

Thanks FB for such various exercise options for all of us. Hope you have a good day.:)

Edited