Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: 30 Minute Indoor Walking Workout

Good morning!

We’ve got a new workout for you today, this one is highly scalable and can be used in a lot of different ways:

Fun Cardio Walking Workout - Indoor Walking Workout with No Equipment

While walking is excellent exercise and obviously has its tremendous health benefits, we can diversify the benefits that our bodies take from this activity by sometimes mixing it up with more dynamic ranges of motion, in different planes of movement. So, instead of sticking within the sagittal plane (forward and backward motion) that almost all of our walking exclusively occurs in, here we’re adding both frontal (side-to-side) and transverse plans (divided by top and bottom halves of the body). Most of the movements we do on a regular basis occur in the sagittal plane, so workout sessions are a great opportunity to utilize those other planes of movement, contributing to both injury prevention and functional fitness.

I’ve enjoyed reading about the many ways that you’ve been using these walking routines, including but not limited to adding a resistance band for a strength spin, using it as a recovery workout or reentry to exercise after illness or injury, or turning the workout into a living room dance party. Your workout experience is yours to create, navigate, and enjoy, so I love hearing about the ways you make these workouts your own.

I hope you're all having a good week! Let me know what kinds of workouts you would like to see next.

Kelli