Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Fit R3 is amazing!!

Done with the hard part of the FB Fit R3! Only the final rest day stretching is left for tomorrow, and then I'll be able to mark complete. Just two days later than the originally scheduled end date.

Among 4 programs (Fit R1-R3 and Complete) and 15 challenges I've completed, Fit R3 is my absolute favorite. It is a very well written program and I've had a lot of fun. While it follows the typical LB-UB-core-UB-LB structure each week (except the last week that culminates with a 1000 cal workout), many of those workouts feel quite different in their formats even if they target the same muscle groups. That really has helped me not feel bored at any point. EC workouts often times have different styles from main workouts as well. (I completed all the EC, which I'm proud of!) One thing I particularly like is that on LB days EC workouts are usually low-impact exercises that are effective for glute activation before doing main workouts.

I don't measure my weight or sizes of body parts so I do not have numerical values to compare, but I do see positive changes in my body. I feel stronger, and my limbs are firmer than ever. Throughout the program I could feel that my muscles really worked. From its duration to intensity this program is definitely challenging, so no wonder that the reward is also big. My unhealthy diet (I'm blaming dorm events) was more than offset! I see no hint of tons of Halloween candies I ate on my body lol.

I should say that it is not for beginners. Unlike FB R1 and R2 whose first two weeks have beginner alternatives, there are not many options of level 3 or lower here. (If you have FB Plus, there are 4 days where you can choose between a free video and a slightly easier Plus video. Still not a beginner level though.) Each week has two HIIT days, or three if you do EC. People who dislike HIIT won't likely enjoy this program as much as I did. (Not that I'm a huge HIIT person. If I could change one thing in this program I'd include less HIIT on core days.)

This week and the next are well-deserved recovery weeks for me with FB Beginner challenge and a few independent workouts :) My joints need some rest!