A

Daily Check-In: Saturday, October 30th 👻

Good morning everybody on this last weekend of October! Thank you, Kim, for another two weeks of hosting our daily check-ins!

This weekend, your (g)hosts will be two (semi-)Dutch girls: Lea will fill this space tomorrow, possibly with exciting outdoor adventures, and today, you're stuck with me.

After a week with Kim's pumpkin photos I know what this weekend means for many of you: Halloween weekend! That means festivities and special treats, if I'm not mistaken, especially for those with children. As you can tell, Halloween is an unknown tradition for me, but please share whatever you like about your plans for today. Halloween or not, it's all about the same basics: what will you be doing today and what will you eat? Party or workout, rest or some kind of exercise, indoor or outdoor. Trick or treat, or just a nice, quiet meal at home. What will it be for you?

It's raining in the Netherlands, and other than going out for a few groceries, I don't think today will bring many outdoor activities. Not sure what the day will bring. What are your favorite indoor activities, on days when staying at home? Maybe something creative? I've seen some amazing creations over the years, like Kim's carved pumpkins or Karen's quilts, and baked goodies that were decorated so nicely that you'd display them instead of eating them. Maybe you're a jigsaw kind of person, or a musician. If you like, please share pics of your best rainy days.

For me, a sweaty workout is one of the highlights when the weather is miserable. After two rest days, I'll find myself a nice lower body workout. My favorite at the moment is this one:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/56-minute-hiit-and-strength-workout-intense-active-static-lower-body-strength-and-hiit

so maybe I'll pick that one for today. Or I'll try a newer one. I just finished an eight week routine, put together by Jacqueline, and I'm sure there are a few lower body workouts that I haven't tried yet. I'm also looking forward to the new FB Plus challenge, which will be Mass and will be a great start of November. If you're exercising today, what will it be for you? Low or high impact, stretching or strength training?

Of course, I have a picture to share. Today's photo shows a snow bunting. It's a migratory bird, breeding high up in northern Europe and spending the winter in eastern European areas, stopping by in the Netherlands to rest for a few days during the long journey. Usually, they are flying in a group, but this was a single one. He seemed completely at ease in an area where many people walk their dogs.

That's it from me, today, Blenders. Share whatever you like: I'm looking forward to reading your replies. Tomorrow, our adventurous and inspirational Lea will be back for another day as your guest host. Enjoy your day!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited