Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Part 2 of Our Foot/Ankle Series

Greetings, FB family!

Today’s video release continues where we left off in the Foot/Ankle Series (Part 1): Foot Intrinsic Activation and Myofascial Release. Be sure to give Part 1 a try before joining me for Part 2.

Foot/Ankle Series (Part 2): Foot and Ankle Strengthening

In Part 2, we get right down to business by starting off with gentle dynamic stretches for your foot and ankle muscles. Then, we meet up on the mat for an ankle strengthening routine with resistance bands. The workout concludes with standing exercises that are designed to test your intrinsic muscle strength, activation, and concentration.

The ankle strengthening exercises included in the workout are foundational movements that can be found in nearly every rehabilitation protocol involving the foot or ankle. Check to make sure you have the right type of resistance band, like the one that Kelli uses in her video, Resistance Band Upper Body Workout (Bored Easily Style). My recommendation is to use something other than the thick, circular bands that are commonly used for glute work.

Speaking of glute work, I’ve been reading your comments on one of my earlier videos, Stabilizing Workout for Deep Hip Muscles. I think a lot of people were pleasantly surprised to find how challenging it can be to activate larger muscles, let alone the smaller ones in the foot and ankle. However, once you re-establish that mind/body connection, you will find it much easier to perform more repetitions and add weight.

This video concludes my contribution to the Foot and Ankle series - excited to do Part 3 along with you and our mystery collaborator. Who do you think it will be?! Give us your best guess in the comments below.

Thanks for working out with me!

-Kayla