M
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Finishing FB 30 8 week Measurements

Hey guys,

I'm just finishing up with the 8 week FB 30, I've done 5 workouts a week plus a recovery workout faithfully. I have to say, my before and after weight an measurements could have been a HUGE disappointment. Only down by about 2 pounds over the whole period and I shrank by a 1/2" on my waist and hips and actually increased by about 3/4" on each thigh.

I say "could have been a huge disappointment" because during the last 8 weeks I have gained a tremendous amount of functionality I was lacking before. I've lost fat and apparently gained roughly an equal amount of muscle. I have a bubble butt rather than my larger saddlebags. The before and after photos (which I'm not sharing, sorry!) tell a different story than the scale and even the tape measure. I feel stronger and have developed both confidence and habits that will help me make the other changes in my body that I am looking forward to.

I just celebrated my 41st birthday and see the grey hairs and slow metabolism in the mirror. I encourage all of you to keep moving forward and keep showing up, even if you're not seeing the numbers move the way you want. Every day makes a difference and numbers only show a small part of the whole picture.