Weekend Ghost Check-in: Sunday September 26

Hello, Blendfriends, and happy Sunday!

It’s a Very Important Sunday, too - not so much for itself, but because it follows a Very Important Saturday, and together they make up the Most Important Weekend of the year.

It is, of course, Grand Final weekend.

By now, of course, we all know that the Demons won, and broke their long premiership drought, so everyone’s very excited. My husband is currently watching the replay, and I’ve been watching bits and pieces over the back of the couch while I do my workout, as one does.

There were meat pies (but no Meatloaf), there was popcorn and other nibbles, there was a grand final parade (of soft toys, held by my kids), there would have been decorations but we had no red streamers and my usual streamer shops are all closed due to lockdown. And there was family… at the other end of a text. Things just aren’t the same when you’re in lockdown, you know? Even the game itself was at the wrong side of the country.

So that brings me to my question of the day: Who were you barracking for, the Demons or the Bulldogs?

No, just kidding, I know I’m not going to get much of a response there. My REAL (entirely optional) question of the day is: What is your most important family or individual occasion of the year? How do you celebrate it? Have you had to make concessions due to COVID, and would it mostly be back to normal now?

And since I celebrate just about everything with some kind of exercise, what was on the cards for today? A workout or a rest day? Did you hang out with the Fitness Blender team, or do something a bit different? Did the weather get in the way, or were you able to explore some stunning new places in the world?

I celebrated my Day After the Grand Final with day 23 of Fit with Daniel: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/rotational-upper-body-strength-workout-home-upper-body-strength-routine and https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/alternating-repetition-upper-body-workout-for-strength-coordination-and-control. I’m not 100% sold on the rotational upper body workout, but I do love that alternating reps one. I missed my bike ride or run, but nipped out onto the balcony to do some skipping - which would have been much nicer if it were slightly warmer than 10°C at the time - my asthma did not approve.

And what was on the menu for today? Did you cook, or did someone else cook for you? Or perhaps it was a take-away or leftovers kind of day? I experimented with “burrito bowl-stuffed sweet potatoes” and while it was not awful, I can’t see myself making that again.

And before I sign off, I need to share with you some HAPPINESS - the wattle’s fading as we get deeper into spring, but there’s still a little left around, and this one I passed on my bike ride on Friday.

Thanks for checking in with me, Blendfriends! Enjoy what is left of your weekend, and have a great week.

đź‘»

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited