Weekend Ghost Check-in: Saturday August 28

Hello, Blendfriends! Hope you’re all having/about to have a good weekend.

We’re currently in lockdown with no end in sight, so life’s pretty gloomy down here. I’m one of the lucky people who gets to leave home: three days a week I go for a nice, long drive down the freeway (three freeways, to be precise). I take an audiobook and those drives are perhaps the highlight of my week. But the real reason I’m telling you this is… it’s wattle season! I love wattle, and it comes out at the end of winter. And pretty much my whole drive the freeways are lined with wattle trees. It’s stunning.

Unfortunately, I can’t pull over on the freeway to take photos. This wattle tree was at a church just off the freeway - not my favourite kind of wattle, but they’re all beautiful.

So tell me, what’s the plan for today? Is it an active day or a rest day? For me: I was definitely due a workout after a lazy past few weeks. I finally finished building my Fit with Daniel routine, which I’ll start in a couple of days, and today was the workouts I couldn’t fit in. Some HIIT to start https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/brutal-hiit-workout-game-fat-burning-ladder-pyramid-and-tabata-hiit-at-home and then some work on my shoulders, which really need it https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/deltoid-burnout-mass-workout-home-shoulder-isolation-routine. After all that, tomorrow might have to be a rest day, whoops.

And what do you plan to eat today? Are you going out, having leftovers, or cooking something at home? Or best of all: is someone cooking for you? Here, dinner was shepherd’s pie with rather more veggies than the recipe asked for. That’s just how I cook!

Thanks for checking in with me today, Blendfriends. Tomorrow we’ll be treated to a check-in with Anne, and then Kim’s back on Monday. Have a great day!

👻

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited