C

Total body workout done, and I’m feeling really good!

After my post the other day about doing hiit or strength first, I found this video:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/strength-training-or-cardio-first-fasted-cardio-how-to-break-a-weight-loss-plateau

D and K talked about how it can depend on what your goals are, but how it’s good to mix up the way your training. That really stuck out to me, and I realized I need to mix things up some. I’ve felt kind of stuck in a rut lately, doing mostly strength training, trying to build muscle mass (which I really do love) but, I just don’t seem to be as motivated lately, or I don’t feel sore as often. I think my body’s just gotten used to lots of strength training, and I need to mix it up some. (Does this make sense?). Anyway, today I decided to train my cardiovascular endurance and a little strength/toning.

I did the cardio video first to get my heart rate up, and my muscles good and warm. Then, I did the total body strength with lighter weights, to keep my heart rate up and tone. I added the 5 min. core workout for good measure.

I hardly ever do core specific routines, because I’ve been focusing on my upper/lower body strength, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could do core exercises with a weight that I used to really struggle doing without weight! I think my core has done a lot of stability work for my upper/lower body strength workouts, (which I think is the best way to make your core stronger) and now I can do ab exercises easier, thanks to strength training! I love when you can see improvements in your strength, cardio endurance, speed, jumps etc. It’s much more rewarding than just physical appearance!

Anyway, I feel great now, and I’m going to try to mix things up some to keep my body and mind guessing.

P.s. Sorry if I bored you with this long post. Now you can go do these bored easily workouts for something more interesting.😂😉