Perspiration Pals - 7/9/21 ☕😴

Hello P Pals, how are we feeling today? Happy that the weekend is ahead, or maybe you work weekends and Friday doesn't get you excited? Maybe a little or a lot tired or sad or stressed (or all three)? No matter what, please know that you are among friends here, whether you choose to post or lurk, whether you've never posted before or are a regular, we are happy to have you and offer support if you want it.

I'm feeling tired and slightly headachey, going on a week and a half now since I gave up caffeine (doctors orders). I'm trying to trick my body with decaf coffee but it's definitely not working. I'm supposed to carry this on until follow-up tests in October, but really, I'm thinking about getting a second opinion on the grounds that this is both cruel and unusual.

Today is a self-scheduled day for the Flex Challenge and I'm doing this favorite, which I haven't done in over a year (thank you dashboard!): https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/fat-burning-hiit-pilates-workout-pilates-and-hiit-cardio-blend after my warm-up via https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/energy-boosting-cardio-warm-up-and-glute-activation-workout. Tomorrow is my last day of the Challenge and I'm sorry to see it go. I really like upper body workouts, and like Sharon said this week, it's the best of both worlds getting some days that are pre-scheduled and some days to pick and choose your own workout. A Flex routine is definitely in my future.

It's Fitness Blender Friday for me as I'll also be ending my day with a FB dinner recipe for slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches with apple cider slaw, and maybe some peanut butter nice cream for dessert. You know what I can't have for dessert though (I'm afraid to even say it to this crowd of cocoa lovers)? I can't have chocolate. It's not as bad as coffee for me, but I still think it's an unreasonable sacrifice to ask any human to make for 3+ months. Luckily, doc said I can still have 🍷.

Let me know below what you're up to today, whether it's a program workout, self scheduled workout, bike ride, walk, or maybe a nap. And I'd love to hear what food/drink item you couldn't live without, so I have some people to commiserate with.

Whether you mark a rest of workout day complete, or whether you check-in or choose to stay quiet, I wish you all a happy, peaceful Friday and weekend.

Extra meme below because I'm just that miserable without my real coffee.