A

Daily 👻 Check-In: Sunday, June 27th, 2021

Welcome to today's Ghost check-in, Blenders! The last week of June, already, and not even a complete one. I woke up early (I'm not much of a sleeper), and I decided to come and talk with you early in the morning, although I realise for some of you it's stil Saturday. For those: I hope you'll sleep well. I hear that's important for your performance during workouts. Sleeping in or getting more than 5 hours a night without waking up a few times, isn't something I know. I'm the type who wakes up every 45 minutes, and toss and turn for at least an hour before I fall asleep. How about you? Are you a sleeping beauty, or a light sleeper like me? Or maybe you have a children/pets/a snorning partner who keep you awake at night?

Anyway, let's proceed to the usual ingredients: exercise, food and other essentials - whatever those may be for you on a Sunday. And for me, of course, a picture, because taking pictures is one of the essentials for me. I'll be walking around with my camera after I'll finish my breakfast and this check-in, hopefully to spot a few more inhabitants of the sand dunes close to where I live. The one on the picture, a red fox, was on an evening hunt for his dinner when I met him. He didn't know what to do for an instant and froze, thus giving me just enough time to press the button. The picture wasn't even blurred, in spite of the adrenaline rushing through my veins when spotting him so close to me.

But: back to you guys and the way you have been or will be spending your Sunday. Is there anything on your FB calender, or is today all about everything else but exercise? A planned rest day according to your schedule or one not so planned, because you're meeting friends, or because today is for work, volunteering, a hike, a bike ride or a swim. Or, if you're Lea, all of the above (and why not squeeze in a workout after all, as well?). For me, it's time for upper body again, and my Strong with Daniel routine is telling me that I'll be doing:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/42-minute-upper-body-strength-with-alternating-repetitions-and-cardio-intervals

I haven't done this one before and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be saving it for this afternoon, when the dunes will be crowded and all the birds will be hiding in the trees.

Before I'll leave you to all your Sunday activities, there is food to talk about. And to prepare, of course. I know many of you will be cooking the most amazing dishes today. Or pull it out of the fridge/freezer/take-away, maybe even eat out. For many of you (and/or your kids), it's summer holiday, so why not celebrate that with a nice dinner? I'm curious, guys! Nothing to expect in that department from me, but since it's warm today, I might just pull that ice cream from my freezer after my workout.

One more thing: a quick "Hi, how are you?" to all our old friends who haven't had time to check in or to work out. I hope you are all doing okay! I wish you all a great Sunday and tomorrow, Kim will be back to host our Daily check-ins. Until then!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited