Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB30 or FB Low Impact?

Hello there! Newbie here. I just found Fitness Blender two weeks ago while browsing YouTube for workout videos. I turned 40 in October and am mom to two boys (11 and 13). I'm a full-time teacher and I have a wonderful life! I am about 30 pounds overweight and am looking for overall fitness and health. I am looking for a fitness regimen that I can stick to and make a true routine. I find that 30 minutes is a perfect workout length while school is in, but I am doing longer workouts this week on Spring Break. I think I can make longer workouts happen during the summer, too.

I have completed FB workouts for the past 15 days straight (yay!)- all low impact versions (I don't want to hurt myself). Tomorrow I will be on day 4 of the Strong and Lean 5 Day Challenge. I plan to repeat the challenge this week, then I am looking for an 8-week challenge to get me through the rest of the school year. I am leaning toward FB 30, but I really need those low impact mods to keep myself from being injured. I can feel it in my knees already and typically have weak feet. Does the FB 30 program work for someone needing to do low impact? Or should I go with the Low Impact program?