Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Post-COVID hockey routine

Hello all!

So I have been dealing with the energy and stamina issues of COVID for about a month now, which has caused me to pretty much end my season as a hockey referee early. I work a decent level of hockey (college club and junior tier 2 are at the top of what I do) and while I would love a call from the NHL I have pretty much reached where I am going to go...

That being said, I do want to make the most of the opportunities that are still/going to be available to me, so now that I have shut my season down early I feel that a new routine would be beneficial for my future success. As I have never done a hockey specific routine, I would love to get one set up that I can do four to five mornings a week before work (I usually go at 430 am for an hour) as well as my usual Sunday night beer league playing. I need help to break through the mental plateau that I hit a couple of seasons ago and never pushed through. A brand new routine, something that is hockey/referee specific, is something that I feel that will help to revitalize my drive to succeed.

The last time I changed things up off the ice I was selected for two national championships in four years for youth hockey, so I know that I can succeed and I want to find that drive once again! I should probably mention that I am turning 34 this summer, so it seems that as I age the kids I officiate stay the same age...

Thank you in advance for any and all help or suggestions!

Derek