S
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Having a workout off-day and thank you!

Hey FB how's your week going? hope all are safe and well.

So today I had this;

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/at-home-upper-body-strength-workout-for-arms-shoulders-chest-and-back

I love BE format and I love UBS in particular as I can push myself to lift heavy which I love (the creaky knees restrict me for LBS.) But today I just had a really off day. I couldn't seem to lift my normal amounts. My form just was not clean so I had to keep dropping, I ended up BWO for some. The workout seemed to last forever! I was bored and frustrated and grumbling, even getting up and down from the floor work was annoying me! Even the cool down annoyed me!!

But I did complete it lifting as much as I could safely, keeping my form clean. Afterwards I reflected and realised how far I have come mentally since being here. In years gone by, the years in the wilderness AKA the Pre FB years I would have done one of these in response to today;

- Pushed through with a too heavy (for today) weight and either had sloppy form or hurt myself or both

- Beat myself up at my lack of performance and either felt awful all day or just quit completely (and possibly resort to not great foods and couch potato-ism as 'what's the point')

- Completed the workout and added on something like full on HIIT as a sort of punishment as I am clearly 'useless'

It is thanks to Kelli and Daniel and this amazing community that I can look at those 'options' and realise just how maladaptive my thought process has been/ could be. Instead today, I actually thanked my amazing body for doing exactly what it could do, safely, today. It's actually a sort of NSV for me.

Hopefully the stars will align and will tackle tmrs core with gusto, but if not I know I can handle it.