Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Flex & Booty Round 1 Complete

Two more complete programs under my belt! Yesterday was the last day of Flex and today was the last day of Booty Round 1. I really enjoyed both programs. I ended up favoriting many of the workout videos because they were so much fun.

I'd decided to do this pairing after reading everyone's reviews of them and I'm glad I did. I picked Flex especially because I feel like my upper body is "weaker" compared to my lower body, but maybe that's just because I'm a woman. Anyway, I didn't take any before pictures, but as I'm flexing my arms, I can see that my biceps are bigger. And Booty...I finally learned to deadlift properly! I'd been going to the gym using barbells to deadlift. Now that I'm working out at home, I'm using dumbbells. When I first did them, I moved the same way I always have and my lower back started screaming. I was confused, until I listened to what Daniel & Kelli were saying about squeezing the glutes and using them to pull myself up. Wow! What a difference! Guess I'd been doing them incorrectly all this time. Oops.

I feel like each program had a great mix of workout styles too. Flex was mostly strength but Booty had HIIT, strength and pilates. If you've read some of my previous comments, you'll remember I'm not a fan of HIIT because I can't do a lot of jumping (top floor apartment). But the HIIT in Booty was either easy to modify or wasn't jumping-heavy. I actually enjoyed it! I really enjoyed the pilates workouts too.

I've now completed Low Impact Round 2, Strong, Flex and Booty Round 1. Next Monday I'm starting Abs Round 2. As with Flex, I picked Abs because I'm honestly not great at using my core, so I'm hoping a more core-focused program will help with that.