E
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Very low blood pressure

Hi, I would just like to share my thoughts with you.

I have a normal to low blood pressure, which doesn't cause any problem, I just can't stand up to quickly etc. When I started following FB programs, I wasn't in shape. I couldn't follow a HIIT workout, sometimes not even a cardio workout, simply because my muscles couldn't take it. Now, a year later, I feel much more fit, strong and healthy, I lost some weight and overall I feel better. My arms and legs can do much more diffucult exercises and lift more weight, however, my blood pressure refuse to cope - I have a high heart rate, but very low blood pressure (I talked to my doctor and it's normal for some people). I am not able to finish a HIIT workout without many extra pauses, usually I even have to lie down, slow my heart rate (calm down completely) and catch my breath, otherwise I would faint. So now I feel really discouraged and I'm losing my motivation. I'm really trying to get over this, because I don't want to lose everything I achieved last year, but it's hard. I wanted to focus more on strenght training (which I like a lot) and stop doing HIIT completely, however, it's included in every FB program I bought.

I would like to ask you, do you know any program that would be challenging but without HIIT? I tried FB Low impact, but it wasn't enough for me.

Or is it OK to take a lot of extra breaks? I don't want my workouts to be pointless.

Thank you very much :)

Edited