Daily Check-in: Thursday, February 11th

Hello, Blendfriends!

How are you all doing today? How's your week gone so far?

We're already to Thursday, so hopefully that's good news for ya?

Yesterday was busy, but that's ok. It's also still bitter cold here--but we're making that work too. Short walks outside, just enough to get fresh air, then back in before toes and paws freeze off. It's a catch-22 because when it's bitter cold, it's usually so beautiful outside that it makes you want to go enjoy it. Weather's often very clear and sunny during the day, with super clear and starry nights. Unfortunately if you're out in it more than 10 minutes or so though, that cold starts to seep in. Even with layers on and all exposed skin covered.

Speaking of the cold, though: here's today's Random Photo! The very wintery Winterberries that I love so much (or Michigan holly, depending on who you ask). They're just so pretty, but more so with fresh snow on them.

And you know what else helps with the cold? Workouts! (I mean, they're not called "warmups" for no reason!) So how about it, Blendies? What kind of workouts do you have scheduled for today? Or maybe it's a rest day for you?

I'm torn on if I want to get a workout in, or make it a rest day. I ended up doing this cardio core combination yesterday: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-and-abs-workout-63-minute-ab-and-cardio-workout because I wanted something more intense. The lack of walks outside leaves too much pent up energy--and this workout certainly helped with that! But now I'm pretty much sore everywhere. Including my upper body, which is still feeling this workout: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/upper-body-strength-workout-guaranteed-muscle-burnout from a couple days ago. So, I may do some pilates today, or I may just call it a rest. Not sure just yet.

And our final, 'warmup' (or maybe it's more of a cool down for you?) is the ever-so-delicious part of the checkin: food! What are we noshin on today?

I definitely want a 'warmup' food! We had a good one last night with chicken and dumplings. So much yum. Maybe tonight we'll do tacos. Or fajitas. Something along those lines--as long as it's warm!

And one more thing I wanted to share with you before I close the checkin today. I thought maybe we could use a laugh on this Thursday, and this certainly cracked me up. It's one of those 'kids say the darnedest things' involving my nephew. He's a toddler, and as such, can be somewhat difficult to understand when he speaks. Even more so because my nephew struggles with speech. (I think the way he speaks is super super cute, if I'm being honest.) So the other night, when my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew sat down at the dinner table for supper, they had this conversation:

Nephew, randomly: "What does 'big D breasts' mean?"

Sister-in-law: "What!?"

Nephew: "What does 'big D breasts' mean?"

SIL: "Where did you hear that?!"

Nephew: "Uuuh....what does 'big D breasts' mean?"

SIL: "Umm. I don't know...."

Nephew: "'Big D Breasts' means being very quiet!"

SIL: *pauses*....*thinks for a minute*....

"Do you mean 'big deep breaths'?"

Nephew: "Yeah! 'Big D breasts'!"

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This killed me! I can only imagine my brother was sitting there sweating bullets throughout this entire conversation. ๐Ÿ˜‚

So hopefully this kid can give you a much-needed laugh today.

And always remember: if life gets too overwhelming or stressful, simply pause for a minute; then make the time for a few 'big D breasts.' You'll feel better instantly. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, that's it for me today!

Take care, Blendies, and have a great day!

P.S. Much love to Ravenโค๏ธ

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited