Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Fit Day 26 - AKA my first 1000 cal workout!!!

I did this on Saturday and I promised Zuzana P I'd let her know how I got on after she gave me some great advise on how to approach it.

This is my first FB program and I chose FIT particularly because I tend to prefer longer workouts… that said I would never have tried a 1000 cal / 82 minutes workout! Honestly, I would have thought I wasn't able for it even though I tend to go hard in workouts. I mightn't be the fittest / strongest person in the world but I always try to do the harder version because I figure even if I can't do it for the full sets at least I've tried and pushed myself.

BUT Zuzana gave me some great advice to take it down a notch on this one, and to take a break if needed. I'd say I would have gone hard otherwise and nearly killed myself. 😂

So... I started this planning to do the 'easier' exercises with Kelli and when we got to the first break I was surprise to see we were already 24 minutes in! I was so surprised. I found the whole workout was laid out really well and the breaks came at the perfect time for me. I reallt thought the workout would feel MUCH longer and it really boosted me to realise we were already a quarter done.

With that lift in confidence I went into the rest of the workout feeling like I could really do it and I managed to finish the whole thing in one sitting! 👏👏👏

After 5 year of workout out and loosing 8 stone, I honestly think I've never been more proud of myself than after that workout! The advice really helped and I'm glad I took it easy but being able to finish my first 1000 cal workout in one session is amazing and something I never thought I'd be able to do. Thanks Daniel & Kelli and everyone on here for the support since joining FB. It’s been amazing!!

I'm now over 4 weeks through FB FIT (so it's all downhill from here to the finish line 😂) but I'm feeling so proud of myself. I can tell how far I’ve come in those weeks and I’m already looking forward to my fitness test at the end of see the stats. I know there will be tougher workouts to come (this morning was killer!) but I feel super confident in myself and in what my body can do!

Has anyone else surprised themselves at what they can do with a workout?

For those who want to give it a go on their own... https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/1000-calorie-workout-strength-hiit-cardio-and-abs-workout-to-burn-1000-calories