Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Strong complete!

About an hour ago, I completed the last workout of the Strong program, so I thought I'd write a quick review of the program overall. After all, I love to read others' reviews of programs to see if I'd enjoy it or not.

First off, this program is all about strength, hence the name. I LOVE strength training, so I figured it would be right up my alley. Plus, I live on the top floor of an apartment building, so low impact is a must. Strong met both criteria, as strength training is low impact by default. There is some HIIT mixed in, but it's pretty infrequent. I was able to sub the jumps out easily, as Kelli or Daniel always point out a low impact modification. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of HIIT: since I have to modify them to be low impact, it ends up feeling too easy and not high intensity.

The actual workout lengths were perfect for me: mostly around 35ish minutes. I was able to get them in each day before getting ready for work.

Videos were mostly from Kelli, so whenever Daniel appeared it was a fun change of pace: different styles. There were a few "bored easily" workouts mixed in and I enjoyed them a lot.

On a more personal note, this is probably going to sound crazy for someone who loves strength training, but it took me until about halfway through the program to realize that I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I could. I was mostly sticking to weights that I was comfortable with rather than trying a heavier one to challenge myself. Once I started doing that, this program became even more fun! I always leave notes on my calendar for each workout and a couple times I shouted at myself that I lifted heavier than I thought I could. Very rewarding feeling.

I really enjoyed Strong and will probably repeat it in the future. For now though, I have Flex and Booty Round 1 scheduled on alternating days starting next week. Really looking forward to them. :)

Edited