Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

challenge idea / wish

Hi fellow blenders,

Couple of days ago I asked about advice to avoid a stiff neck after upper body workouts and got a lot of good advice and links for that (thanks again everyone!). It's gotten better following the recommendations, but paying overall more attention to my shoulders and neck I noticed that I carry a lot of my stress there. I'm really tense in that area and I think this might contribute to the problems I've been having after UB workouts. So I did this one today:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/better-posture-workout-exercises-to-improve-posture-and-prevent-hunched-shoulders

And find that I feel a lot better now, by actively working and streching those muscles, versus tensing them unintentionally.

So I thought, since I am maybe not the only one with this problem, it might be a nice idea for a challenge with focus on neck, shoulders and back, with overall (light) strengthening and streching. From the difficulty maybe somewhere between fundamentals challange and flex program. Nothing too brutal, to avoid further tensions, but like the posture workout a mix of strengthening and stretching of those areas. :) Maybe with some cardio in the mix, to loosen up the body a bit in between.

I'm sure Kelli & Daniel have planned a lot of awesome things for us already, but I just wanted to put the idea out there for maybe some time in the future. :) And if anyone has some recommendations for workouts like the posture workout, or other things that can help with tense shoulders, please share :)

Thanks!