O
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Mass and bodyweight - post christmas mash up!

Hi all,

Hope you’re all doing ok.

So, I’m thinking about what programs to schedule in after Christmas. I’m well aware and fine with the fact that I may well have a bit of extra Christmas podge come January (what can I say, I do love me some Christmas food! 😂), so after taking a break over Christmas I’m wondering about mixing up mass and a bodyweight program. This would be one week mass, one week bodyweight etc. What do you think? I’ve never mixed two programs before.

My reasoning behind this is because I’m sure I’m going to LOVE mass but I do struggle with the bodyweight only programs. Having said that I find the latter very effective at burning fat. I just thought perhaps if I mix bodyweight with a program I know I’ll enjoy (and also have a week of weights in between each week of bodyweight) it may keep me going.

Is this a crazy idea? I know that Mass does still have cardio in the program but just felt like I may need a bit more. I did wonder whether mass building interspersed with heavier cardio based stuff would be beneficial or is that really counterintuitive?

Be good to know your thoughts!

Thanks guys! X