N
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Having to stay low-impact

I can't do cardio in any way. I feel like my brain is jumping around in my skull. Exceptions are dancing, walking and bike riding. Whichever physical activity demands jumping up and down or skipping, I just can't do it. This has been going on for a long time, and I have a history of awful migraines. In stressful periods I had 5 of them in 6 months, some of them with aura. I even think that once the strenuous exercise actually was a trigger for a migraine attack. I feel okay generally and I'm doing great, but this thing with exercising really bothers me.

I feel somewhat excluded. I can't do all of the high-intensity programs and workouts everyone is talking about. I feel like I'm not getting the work everybody else does. Because I have to modify some moves, or completely throw cardio out, I can't properly follow any workout program, and I feel kind of incomplete because of it. As if I can never reach my fitness goals. Because of that I start negatively thinking of myself since I haven't reached my goal.

I do own a stationary bike, so I wonder will riding a stationary bike on low tension not to fast be effective for cardio?

I guess what I'm asking for here is support, advice and your similar stories and how you overcame this problem.