M
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Tomorrow is today....1000 calorie workout DONE!!

Dear fellow blenders,

I am sorry to inform you that Mr. Seagers is downright mean. I wanted to party with him today....he invited us all to his 1000 calorie workout party, didn't he?

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/1000-calorie-workout-video-hiit-strength-training-abs-and-obliques-workout-to-burn-1000-calories

Well, I got all dressed up, even if it was morning and even put on sneakers and socks. I was pretty excited. But I found that the HIIT section was downright mean. Firstly, he wanted me to do kick throughs and double butt kickers....I was flailing all about like an octopus with 20 arms, trying to do the kickthroughs. When I finally figured them out, they were over. Not nice. Then butt kickers.....and I cannot jump like that. My hair fell out all over the place and I had to pant my way though single butt kickers. But even that would have been alright. BUT. And this is the serious part...Mr. Seagers DID NOT MENTION FOUR (yes, FOUR!!!) GROUPS OF HIIT IN THE DESCRIPTION!!!! There were burpees and jumping jacks and jump squats, standing oblique crunches, mountain climbers, walk down push ups, STAR JUMPS (the last group, no less!!) and plank knee ups!!!! What was that??? Where did they come from??? I spent the last 15 minutes of HIIT in a stupor- confused, disoriented, panting, tired, muttering. Was I even doing the right workout?

It made me feel a little better to see that Mr. Seagers was also struggling (as he rightly should) and then I decided to show him what it was all about and I carried on strongly with the core, strength and cardio sections. I even added on extra cooldown (but taking no chances, I chose to do it with Kelli who was much nicer):

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/lower-back-stretches-for-sciatica-pain

So after the party I was so looking forward to, I'm a mussed up, stinking, sweating HAPPY person. It was hard. And confusing. In the end I had to take off my sneakers and my socks. And I'm still muttering....but I can proudly say: 'workout complete.'

And you, fellow blenders who were planning to join the party?????

Edited