Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Combining Abs 2 and Booty 2 - Let's Discuss :D

I'm finishing up my last week of FB Abs round 1 (my reward for finishing FB Burn 2 last month!) I want to keep the ab programs going. I have finished FB Abs 2 twice now, and although I'd do the whole program again in a heartbeat, I wanted to work on my lower body strength again as well.

I've added each to my calendar, I'll be doing 6 days a week. (But will take an extra rest day if needed.) FB Abs 2 on M/W/F, FB Booty 2 on T/Th/Sa.

I've gone through and swapped upper body extra credits for any lower body extra credits (and vice versa) to eliminate any consecutive targeted workouts. I feel confident in the layout of the weeks as far as giving adequate rest to muscle groups goes.

However, there are two instances where there will be hiit workouts two days in a row. In this event, one hiit workout is usualy a smaller 15 minute workout, and the next day there's a longer one. Overall, this combination of programs won't have more than 3 hiit workouts in a week. I understand the need to not overdo it with hiit, but do you think this is acceptable given that there will be one short hiit and then a longer hiit the following day?

Personally, I think given my current fitness level that I'm up for this. And I promise to listen to my body and take an extra rest day if necessary. I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are on this? And also, how do you all utilize the 3 day a week programs? Have you ever done this combo? Or do you like to choose your own workouts in between active program days?

It's been fun to sort of nerd out on this combination, and I'm happy to have input. Hope you are all having a great week!

-Eva