Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

For Women: Cycle Syncing

Hey ladies!

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried "Cycle Syncing" or, "syncing" their workouts to the different phases of their cycle? I stopped taking hormonal birth control six months ago (it made me incredibly sick, and I ended up in the ER from a disease it caused in my intestines), and have since learned so much about my cycle (it's pretty crazy how little women are actually taught...or at least me!).

Anyway, I've read different suggestions about switching up the types of exercises you do during each phase of your cycle (i.e. weight lifting/HIIT during ovulatory phases and yoga/pilates during luteal phase, etc.). Here's an article on it: https://www.floliving.com/workout-routine/

I absolutely love weight lifting, and I do a lot of HIIT/Cardio, as well. But I am curious if I'm possibly doing more harm than good.

Has anyone tried doing this, or do this regularly? The reasoning behind it makes a lot of sense, and I'm curious to see how/if it would affect how I felt, weight management, hormone balancing, etc.

Anyway, just wondering! I was thinking of trying to put together a "Cycle Syncing" Fitness Blender workout program, but if someone already has one, I'd love to take a peak!

Thanks!

-Shara