Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Fundamentals complete!

I’ve just done the last day of the newest two-week Plus challenge and loved it. I ran it alongside Blend and had no trouble feeling that it was too much - as per Kelli and Daniel’s aim, it felt like a nice complement to my Blend workouts

It was a varied mix of stretching, Pilates, balance and posture work, presented in bite-size chunks that you could easily slot into your day, often without the need to bother getting into workout clothes (or indeed “workout mind”). My favourites were the two active stretching sessions - a bit different to the normal “make everything relaxed” stretching style - and the balance challenge; wobbling around trying to do everything with my eyes closed was great fun, whilst being fairly thought-provoking at the same time.

I think my biggest take away from it was that I found myself enjoying the feeling of doing something good for my body that wasn’t really hard-core. Given that my workout style tends to be “go hard or go home”, it was definitely an attitude shift, and I was surprised to find that the days I enjoyed most were the ones where I did my Fundamentals session separately to my main workout, rather than tacking it on the end - that separate chunk of gentle movement felt like an extra treat for both body and mind later in the day. That feels like a pretty valuable lesson to me.

As I mentioned, I did this alongside the first two weeks of Blend, but I enjoyed it so much that I’m about to schedule it all over again for the second two weeks - how’s that for a recommendation?