Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

getting in shape for ski season

Hello! This is my first time posting a message to the community board, although I've been lurking and posting some comments here and there for the past few years. I found FB when i was living in Washington state and skiing at Mt. Baker looking for ski conditioning workouts, and I found Daniel's brutal ski conditioning workout that features a pic of Mt. Baker at the beginning. I've been doing their videos for several years since!

I am hopeful that ski season will in fact happen this year, and starting to think about what is the best program or set of workouts to do to get ready. I saw the three part series that K&D did on ski/snowboard conditioning (endurance/cardio, strength, and stretching/flexibility), but I am looking for something a little bit more specific in terms of workout schedule. Does anyone have a ski conditioning workout schedule they've created using FB videos, or suggestions for programs that they've found to be particularly helpful in getting ready for the season? I thought maybe doing the Booty workout program, to really focus on the legs, but would need to pair it with something to strengthen cardio endurance as well.

Thanks for any suggestions folks have! Like I've heard from so many others, I am so grateful for having found this site. I truly feel like it saved my life, or at least helped me to pull myself out of a deep depression and has enabled me to think about my health and body in ways that are much more soul nourishing.

P.S. a few years after finding this site, I climbed Mt. Baker before moving away from Washington, and here's my photo of the approach to the top.