M
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Pre-pregnancy exercise

Hey guys! I am not currently pregnant, but my hubby and I are planning to start trying next year. I have heard that 1) it is perfectly fine to exercise during pregnancy as long as you are not introducing anything you didn’t do prior to pregnancy, and 2) the more fit you are before/during pregnancy the faster you are likely recover after and the easier/quicker labor & delivery may be. So my question is:

Are there any specific exercises or fitness genres that would best help with these two things? I’m not talking about how to get my body back afterward. I’m more concerned with pelvic floor issues or diastasis recti (or any other postpartum issues that I may not have heard of). This kind of stuff isn’t talked about very much, but I know that the recovery postpartum could often have been helped by how fit you were before and during pregnancy; and while I am pretty fit right now, I want to make sure I’m doing everything I can to prepare my body to grow that sweet baby and heal properly afterward.