A
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Advice on what program to do next

I’ve been a runner off and on for years but haven’t done much strength training until this year. I’m 37 and spent 2016 & 2019 going through chemo & surgeries for breast cancer. I’m now in premature menopause and strength training is especially important for my health. I also gained 30 lbs since the beginning of 2019 (I was 135 - 140 & 5’ 3” and am now 165 lb). I was doing the LIVESTRONG fitness program for cancer survivors at the YMCA when the pandemic hit and that came to a halt and I stopped working out. 6 moths later I finally felt motivated to start up again & turned to Fitness Blender. I’m on week 3 of Low Impact round 2. Overall it’s been great! I feel stronger already. My upper body strength is definitely my weakest. I can’t do push ups (goal!). Today’s level 4 workout was tough! I also only have 5 lb weights. I’m looking to buy heavier dumbbells but there seems to be a shortage. I’m dedicated to keep this up, get stronger & healthier and, hopefully, lose weight. I’ve purchased Low Impact Round 2, Blend, Bodyweight, & Fit. I’m open to purchasing others if they’re more appropriate now. I scheduled Fit round 1 for 2 weeks from now, once Low Impact round 2 is complete but am wondering if it’d be smarter to do Low Impact again or Bodyweight and work up some more strength before diving into Fit. I’m motivated & eager to see results but also want to be smart about planning & can’t seem to find dumbbells to buy. Open to any advice or suggestions! Thank you for reading!