Challenging Myself : WO12 "Immortal"

Hi everyone ! Hope you're doing well.

2nd try to write this, so let's hope I don't misclick again and erase all in a second. Today's workout a calm and relaxing one to end this challenge. It's also a good time to thank you all for following it and supporting me. Much appreciated.

today's song : Immortal by Tarja Turunen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko4Cp0Yjggc

Main : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/refresh-relax-and-restore-stretching-workout-for-tight-muscles

After 2 weeks of quite intense workouts, my muscles and joints have really appreciated this one. I felt a bit lazy yesterday and prefered doing some creative activities so I've done this last workout of the challenge this morning after breakfast. It really felt good as I had time to recover from friday's workout. It was nice to just lay on the ground after it while my cat was fooling around (the streets were also quiet at that time of the day so it also helps for a peaceful moment).

And so we reached the end of the challenge, and I'm here with my tyrannic cat sleeping by my side, exhausted by all these activities and all the biting of my mittens during this 2 weeks.

Today, I'm feeling good and proud of myself, of what I accomplished and what I'm able to do such a short time after resuming to work out. It's truely motivating.

Hardest workout ? "Enigmatic Gamble" (already stated why - if it isn't obvious). Funniest ? "Punches" - it's just satisfying and relaxing to punch and kick the stress and anxiety out of yourself. Most useful ? Also "Enigmatic Gamble" because it showed me what I'm capable to do and that I am stronger and more endurant than I thought, that I can push harder. I've been disappointed in my performance during "Curahee" but I also knew that I hadn't fully recover my lower body strength and stamina so it was expected. It also showed me what I need to focus on.

IThat's also what this challenge was about : see where I'm at and what I need to improve. So here my 3 new goals : 1/ strengthen my lower body ; 2/ improve my cardio which means focus a bit more on intense cardio exercises than I used to ; 3/ Lose 2 more kgs and continue to follow my doctors' advice. Let's face it, it's already mid september and, seeing how things evolve with corona, I won't do much running, let alone trail running before spring, which mean I can prepare myself for next year to have a good blast !

For those who love 'em, numbers : (I don't do PFT or my every day life is my PFT :D)

Height : 1.78 m / 5.10 feet

Before : 97.3 kgs / 214.5 lbs (08/31/20)

Today : 94.6 kgs / 208.6 lbs (09/13/20)

Goal : 92.3 kgs / 203.5 lbs (11/16/20)

So what's next ?

Next week will be a smooth transition week with mostly low impact workouts (1 upper, 2 core, 2 cardio - the last one on friday with a short hiit session). It will give me time to recover fully. Then, on monday 21, I'll start Burn 2 (if you wanna join me ;)) which will lead me to mid october. After 1 or 2 weeks of independent workouts, I'll probably do Blend which I've just bought. I don't know, it will also depend on how I've progressed.

Hope you enjoyed that challenge as much I enjoyed doing it. I would like to thank you again for your support. From now on, I'll try to speak a bit less of me, as i'm not really comfortable with that, believe it or not (though it's easier for me to open up on the internet), and have a more supporting role for others. I'll try also to give a monthly report of my progress.

Feel free to comment, share your thoughts, tell what you would like the world to know.

Have a nice evening. I'll sure do :D

Edited